TEN STEPS TO SUNDAY BEST
There are lots of recipes for cooking the perfect Sunday roast, but even the best involve hours of shopping, cooking and washing-up. That’s why we think our recipe tops the lot.
1. Top quality beef, lamb or pork from Aubrey Allen, butchers to HM The Queen
2. Crisp and golden (but not too brown) roast potatoes with a fluffy, white inside
3. A generous, well-risen Yorkshire pud, still soft at the base
4. Roast carrots, parsnips and tureens of buttered green veg
5. Horseradish, mustard and mint sauce ready on the table – and unlimited supplies of hot gravy
6. Fruit crumble,served at the table from a big dish, bubbling at the rim, with your own jug of custard
1. For a busy, bustling lunch, book a table between noon and 4pm at your local Peach pub. (If your day is packed, make it later and relax over a glass of wine while we serve you – our full roast is fresh-made till 9pm).
2. Choose your favourite roast from our Sunday Best menu – they all come with a Yorkshire pud, even the vegetarian version. And don’t even try to resist a side of cauliflower cheese or stuffing. What are Sundays for?
3. Eat your fill – be warned, we will come round to tempt you with extra roasties and Yorkies. Sunday Best is the perfect way to fill the hollow legs of an ever-hungry teenager (and for younger children, we serve small roasts at half-price).
4. Season to taste with your choice of family and friends – and when it’s finally time to go, all you have to do is wave to your waitress and leave us with the washing-up.
Now, isn’t that easier than wrestling with Delia?